Rich’s Tree Service is your complete source for tree services. Let our staff of certified arborists handle all of your tree pruning needs.
Pruning from Certified Arborists
A certified arborist has the experience necessary to understand plant physiology and anatomy, as well as the way in which certain plants respond to pruning. Improper pruning can lead to disease, insect damage, decay, loss of aesthetics, and structural weakness, predisposing plants to failure. We offer free estimates to Portland-area residents, and you can trust that we understand the individual needs of your trees and shrubs.
The Importance of Tree Pruning
Tree pruning is essential for a safe outdoor space. Removing any dead branches or dangerous limbs can mitigate risks, especially if they are endangering power lines, buildings, or people. Pruning also allows you to manipulate the tree’s growth to ensure strength and even weight distribution. Arborists target branches that could compromise the tree’s structure as it grows, eliminating safety concerns before they arise. Pruning from a professional is also used to make a tree grow a certain way. If you want to improve the look of a tree or of your entire outdoor space, tree pruning can naturally achieve your design goals.
This information is intended to give you a basic understanding and definitions of the pruning types that can be utilized for your trees.
- Canopy Cleaning: The proper removal of dead, dying, diseased, weak branches, water sprouts, and conflicting growth.
- Thinning: The selective removal of branches to increase light penetration, air movement, and reduce weight.
- Elevating: The removal of lower branches to provide greater clearance from the ground upward.
- Canopy Reduction (Canopy Shaping): Reduction of the height and spread of a tree.
- View Clearing: The selective thinning of the framework of limbs or an area of the crown to allow for a specific view.
- Restoration Pruning: Pruning to improve the structure, form, and appearance of a tree that has been severely headed, vandalized, or storm damaged.
- Dead Branch Removal: Pruning to improve hazards currently present in a tree’s canopy such as dead, broken, and hanging limbs.
For all needs pertaining to proper tree pruning, contact our office today!